IMPORTANT COVID-19 Update (as of September 12, 2020)
We are following the current Dane County COVID-19 guidelines, available at: https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/forward-dane/current-order.
This order, permits participation in Club activities, as stated: "Games and competitions are allowed for low risk sports with physical distancing maintained at all times. Low-risk sports are sports that can be done individually, or with physical distancing, or no to minimal sharing of equipment or the ability to clean the equipment between use."
These guidelines are describe here: https://publichealthmdc.com/documents/2020-09-01_Order_9amendment.pdf and bascially state:
- Stay home if sick.
- Keep physically distant (at least 6 feet)
- Wear a mask (e.g., indoors and if one cannot maintain 6-feet distance)
- Avoid large gatherings (defined at 10+ indoors, and 25+ outdoors).
- Wash hands frequently
Based on these guidelines, the Blackhawk Board of Directors recommends the following additional guidance:
A. All activities will be held outdoors.
1. The East and West Chalets will remain closed. They are available for emergency bathroom trips, snowmaking, ski patrol use only.
2. Members will need to change into their gear in their vehicles or on outdoor benches. Gear cannot be stored inside the chalet. See specific program pages for more information.
B. Members will practice physical distancing (i.e., > 6 feet)
1. Instructors and coaches will help kids practice social distancing.
2. Ski patrol advises people not to gather in groups.
C. Masks are recommended at all times, but mandatory if
1. Members are not able to maintain physical distance.
2. Members need to use the chalet for emergency purposes.
3. Members are participating in youth programs.
D. Members must not come to Blackhawk if they have any symptoms, or are quarantined or in isolation.
E. Dispersed parking rules
1. Members should park their car in such a way to remain more than 6-feet away from another car.
2. If this is not possible in the parking lot, members should find parking in another area.
We prefer to remain open so that people can continue to exercise and enjoy our bike trails and ski trails, slopes, and jumps. We will monitor compliance with these new rules, and hope that everyone complies. If not, we will be forced to close the property until the risk from COVID-19 is lower.
Blackhawk Board of Directors