Based on participation from the schools in the surrounding areas, the 2021 season brings three registered teams: Blackhawk Composite (Cross Plains/Middleton students), Mount Horeb Mountain Biking (Mount Horeb and Barneveld students), and Waunakee Area Mountain Biking.
The pre-season meeting dates/times/locations have not been agreed upon yet, an update will be provided on those items as soon as things are set up. There will at a minimum be one virtual event, an in-person event at the Waunakee schools, and an in-person event at Blue Mound State Park. We also might hold an event at Wheel & Sprocket in Middleton. The details (dates/times) of these events will be solidified soon. Things that are certain for the 2021 season:
- Registration in pitzone for student athletes opens on 4/1.
- Rider fees remain constant from last season.
- The Blackhawk family membership is strongly encouraged, with the student membership being the minimum requirement to participate.
- A state trail pass is required for all individuals 16 years and older to ride at Blue Mound State Park.
- A state park sticker is required for each vehicle entering Blue Mound State Park.
- Practices will start the week of 7/5.
- Tuesday practices will be at Blue Mound State Park and Wednesday practices will be at Blackhawk. Both practices will go 6:00-7:30 pm.
- A third, adventure orientated practice will also take place on another day in the week. This practice will rotate around the local trail systems.
- We will be holding a few team-only adventure and competition events this season just like last season. These will be pared back as compared to the 2020 season though, as it is anticipated that the league run events will take place this season.
- The league has 5 races scheduled, see http://www.wisconsinmtb.org/ for the dates/locations.
We have a great group of core coaches, but the need for additional coaches is consistent year over year. When riders graduate their associated parents generally opt to relinquish their post's as coaches which is a great opportunity for new families to get involved!
For more information contact email@example.com