Remember these five rules: ride safely, protect yourself, protect others, respect the trails, and communicate.
- Ride Safely. You’re responsible for avoiding objects and riding within your ability. Start small and work your way up. Always stop when crossing roads.
- Protect Yourself. Helmets are required. Keep your bike in good working order. Avoid riding on the roads.
- Protect Others. Yield to riders coming up a trail. When overtaking, use caution and say, “passing on your left.” Keep your dog on leash when riders are present. Do not stop on a trail where you are not visible to other riders.
- Respect the Trails. Stay on trails and ride in the direction indicated. Do not ride when trails are wet or closed for repair.
- Communicate. Tell us if you see unsafe conditions or riders, or are involved in or witness to an accident.
If a member does not follow these rules, they will be reported to the board of directors for disciplinary action, such as a warning or revocation of their membership.